Company Structure Services
The decision to start a new company is accompanied with responsibilities including, Directors and Shareholders meetings, governance requirements directed by regulations of ASIC or ASX (if listed), ongoing ATO taxation obligations and general record-keeping.
Company start-ups involve a number of steps, including:
- Choosing a name
- Choosing your shareholders
- Electing Board Members, including a mandatory Company Secretary
- Deciding on a share structure
- Choosing a Principle Place of Business and a Registered Office.
Regular reporting to ASIC is expected once the company is set up. This involves administrative tasks throughout the year which can disrupt the focus from your core business, especially if your Board of Directors is small and inexperienced in corporate matters. Equiti Partners can assist with this workload by helping you navigate the complexities of the initial start-up and regulatory compliance best practice from the outset by:
- Establishing the most cost efficient company structure to suit your long-term goals.
- Setting up initial financial and time-efficient processes to facilitate stress-free ongoing compliance requirements such as reports, bookkeeping, chart of accounts and tax obligations.
Utilising Equiti for regular, ongoing corporate services provide multiple benefits for company directors, such as:
- Registered Office – we act as your Mail House, ensuring you never miss a compliance deadline
- Utilise our premises for business/company/shareholder meetings
- Production of Directors’ paperwork and Minutes of Meetings
- Company Secretarial Read more about the services we offer here.
Melanie Power is a highly skilled partner offering Company Secretarial services for her clients, such as, ASIC, ATO and ASX-related compliance obligations including, Annual Company Statements, Minutes of Meetings of Directors and Shareholders and numerous others. Melanie is also a qualified member of the Governance Institute of Australia in addition to an experienced CPA, delivering a multi-skilled accounting and governance expert to your team. Read more about Melanie’s profile here.
Choosing the right accountant during the company start-up phase will save time and money in the long run. Equiti is a highly reputable accounting firm with Partner access providing the full range of accounting-related services for accounting, tax services and bookkeeping.